Let’s face it. Things go wrong. Especially when you are in the beginning stages. But, when things aren’t working out, and you are frustrated with your progress than it is hard to stay motivated. So what do you do? These are my 5 suggestions:
- Time to step back – You might need to step away for an afternoon, or a day, maybe even a week and get your mind off your business. It’s like rebooting a computer. You need to shut down and refresh yourself in order to get back into the game and not be stuck.
- Audit your business – Audit all aspects of your business and study what is working and what is not. And the obvious conclusion is to do more of what is and less of what isn’t.
- Work on you business rather than in your business – This is something I learned from reading “The E-Myth Revisited” by Michael Gerber. We get so busy do the things required in our businesses that we don’t take time to plan and develop our business. You should be spending time consistently on the development of your of systems and processes that will build your business.
- Come up with a strategy to processes and to execute the strategy. Action is an important part of staying motivated. When we consistently work on moving the needle forward it keeps us feeling motivated and positive. You should do at least 3 activities a day that you feel will drive your business to success.
- Get a coach or consultant to help. A good coach will help with your mind set. If you are feeling negative about your business it is hard to stay motivated and on task. By talking with a business coach or consultant they can work with you on analyzing where the business is going wrong and also come up with a plan to turn it around.