These days it is all about branding. Branding, according to Entrepreneur Magazine, is a marketing strategy that involves creating a differentiated name and image — often using a logo and/or tag line — in order to establish a presence in the consumer’s mind and attract and keep customers. Customers want to by from brands they know and like. Stores want to buy brands to entice consumers to their places. It is definitely the age of branding. A strong Public Relations (PR) campaign be an effective way to build awareness of your brand. The following are 5 ways to use PR to build your fashion brand:
- Reach out to influencers – Bloggers, Tweeters, Celebrities, Brand Amabassadors, anyone who has a strong list of followers can get your message out. Malcolm Gladwell, Author of The Tipping Point: theorizes that there are ‘mavens’ out there that are the first ones to grab onto new trends. These influencers are few and powerful and these are the one out of ten folks who tell the other nine where to shop, what to buy, and more.
- Create story lines you can pitch – Journalists are looking for things to write about. However a press release that sound like a sales pitch will not get you press. You need to have a story that will appeal to their readers. Not just a one page that promotes your company and tells them how great you are. For example: write about what problem your product solves.
- Have an event – It doesn’t have to be expensive. You can do an event at a store you do business with. You could have informal modeling of your new collection with refreshments and invite local press and potential customers.
- Use content marketing – Write blogs with pictures about subjects you think your customer would be interested in. For example if you are an ath-leisure brand you can write a post about yoga poses with models wearing your product.
- Use photographs with everything – This is a visual business. Great photography will get people interested. Use it on all your social media.
To create a brand people have to know about you. PR is an important component to your whole marketing campaign. Do it right and you can create a loyal audience.