Great fashion branding makes your collection more desirable to your audience. People have their go to brands that they like and seek them out when ready to shop. Branding also informs. When you think of Ralph Lauren or Versace you know what to expect from each company. That is what good branding does.
The following are the 6 critical things your fashion branding must have.
- A strong message – I always tell my clients that the story of your brand is what creates an emotional connection to your customer. So craft a compelling story.
- A consistent product – If you make young mens streetwear that has a skater vibe then you better make sure that the product you design reflects that style each season. Your look can evolve as the market and customer evolves but to totally change your look confuses the consumer.
- You must stand for something – I don’t necessarily mean socially but rather the DNA of the brand. If you make high performance activewear then you have to be careful that your product has all the attributes that someone expects in high performance. For ex: wicking, stretch, breathability of fabric. Anti-bacterial , etc.
- Your packaging needs to reflect your brand – Packaging has actually gained in importance in branding as consumers closely scrutinize products on the retail shelf before purchasing. Good packaging that reflects the brand style helps the brand stand out.
- Social Media across different platforms – Cross pollinating with different social media sites creates a strong synergy. Be careful that it has a consistent look and message and is done often. Putting up a post on Instagram every couple of weeks will not cut it. Have a social media strategy and stick to it.
- Think brand experience – Everything you do from your website to how you answer your phones helps create your brand. Leave nothing to chance and insure that there is a plan for every aspect of your business.