What do fashion industry marketer do? Well, basically they plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs in an effort to build brand recognition and ultimately sales. A fashion market director is at the forefront of the fashion industry, ensuring that products reach the consumer and that the company’s brand is managed appropriately. Their first step is to determining the demand for their products. They analyze how they fit in the market and how they compare to their competitors. They identify the demographics and psychographics of their brands potential customers. They are constantly researching the market to keep current with their customer and communicate their research to the merchandisers and designers of the brand.
Marketers put their hands on many of a companies activities.
- They develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm’s customers are satisfied.
- Work with designers to make sure that product development is in line with the branding.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate advertising and promotional activities or policies to promote the company and their products.
- Plan and execute social media campaigns.
- Work with Website developer.
- Develop packaging.
- They use sales forecasting or strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of lines, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- They consult with buyers and store management to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
- They study selling reports to see what styles are selling and which are not in order to direct future seasons lines.
- Conduct economic or commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products.
- They work to develop a brand experience for their consumers that will create an emotional connection to the brand.
Not all brands have Marketing Managers. Many fold these activities into the head of sales responsibilities. However in today’s competitive market, employing a top marketing expert will help to keep your company competitive.