There are many reasons why you should sell your fashion line from your website. Let’s face it on line sales continue to grow at a significant rate. By having an on line presence you have another avenue in which to sell your product. Some companies do most of their business on line and have very successful and profitable businesses. Below are my 5 top reasons.
- Your website is a great place for you to create a brand experience. From the style of your website, to your photography, all the way to customer service you are in control. You don’t have stores you sell to filtering the experience through the look of their stores and how they take care of their customers.
- You can build a direct customer list. A list is a big asset that an online business will cultivate. By having a list you can market directly to an audience that has already expressed interest.
- The margins are great! Think about it. You have to sell online at the same price as the MSRP that you tell the stores you sell. So you have the margin on the wholesale price plus the margin on the retail price. Pretty awesome!
- You are open 24/7. This way customers are not locked into shopping when a store is open. It’s fun to wake up to sales that occur through the night. These are sales that you might not have had if the consumer had to wait till the morning.
- You can create links to your site. Links are very important to viral marketing. If you have many sites linking to you, it is like spreading the word about your company all around the world. If you have a good website with good products people are more likely to link your website to theirs. It is a relatively inexpensive way to market your site.
The internet has changed the way we do business. It has allowed small start ups to get in the game in a relatively small way and build a business before having the big expenses of showroom space and staff. It should also be an important part of your selling strategy.