When I first speak to a new client I find that they don’t always have Google Analytics set up. And if they do they rarely look at it. I have many clients and they all rely on their website to bring in business and get their message out. That is why utilizing Google Analytics is key. So why is google analytics important to have and why should you look at it everyday?
- Google Analytics show you how many people are coming to your site a day
- It shows how many pages they look at and how much time they spend on your site.
- It also shows your bounce rate. The percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.
- You can see which of your blogs get the most views.
- You can find out where your visitors are coming from by country and state.
Of course there is a lot more information but this just highlights some of the most important ones.
The optimization of marketing campaigns is an ongoing process and by seeing how your site is trending helps with that. For example: If you are running an ad campaign you can see if there was a jump in visitors in the days after the ad ran and what their bounce rate is. Then you see what percentage of visitors bought product by knowing how many came to the site. You can see what works and what doesn’t in order to invest your time in activities that bring in good results.
By understanding the results of the Google Analytics reports you can get a handle on how effective your site and your outreach programs are. Then you will know much traffic you are getting, if it is increasing. Also by seeing if your website engages your customer by how much time they are spending on it.